Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Serpents



Handling Serpents (Herring) #1


Handling Serpent (Herring) #2


Handling Serpents (Herring) #3



Cottonmouth #5


Cottonmouth #6



Cottonmouth #7





These drawings were intended for a spread in a magazine known as At Length. Unfortunately At Length had to close as my spread was coming up. As a result, the drawings intended for this show were exhibited at various art fairs through Gallery Joe.

dates: 2005-2006
graphite on paper
sizes vary but each sheet of paper is no bigger than 8.5x11"

4 comments:

daniel said...

are these drawings available for sale? I think they are wonderful and would be interested in buying two of them.

The Drawings of Rob Matthews said...

Daniel, I just found this comment. Sorry. I don't look at them that often, instead relying on email.
Some of them are for sale. Please contact Gallery Joe (www.galleryjoe.com) for more information.

waynestead said...

Hey Rob, it was great to meet you at Dayton's show today. I really like the Cottonmouth drawings. They remind me of (my mild obsession with) INXS's "Devil Inside."

-Wayne

The Drawings of Rob Matthews said...

I too am fond of the Kick record. Maybe because it's a classic or just that I've owned it for 20 years but I've probably listened to that record more than any other that I own.